- Developmental Trauma, Self-harm & Self-hatred
- Anxiety, Panic Attack, OCD & Depression
- Healing from the effect of dysfunctional relationships and societal dysfunction
- Recovery, harm-reduction and 12-step
- Inner-parts work & Psychodrama
- Self-esteem, Self-acceptance & Self-love
- Communication, Boundaries and Creating Healthy Relationships
- Exploring/Discovering one’s purpose/passion and Creative blocks
- Grief, Loss & Transitions
- Multi-cultural issues & multi-cultural relationships
- Painful habits, Misery stabilizers, Compulsions & Addictions (i.e alcohol, sex, spending, work, Adult Children of Alcoholics, codependency & others)
My name is Tuyet-Lyn Christensen, pronounced Twik-Lyn, I am a psychotherapist, licensed in Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT 52494). I work with individuals, couples, families and facilitate groups. I strive to support you in your unique needs and goals. I bring a sensitivity to the effects of inter generational trauma, societal and cultural realities that may impact one's sense of self and connection to others. I welcome people from diverse walks of life, orientations and perspectives. I bring warmth, intuition, depth and creativity to the clients I work with.
I specialize in using the Expressive Arts. Expressive Art Therapy is a multi-arts approach: painting, drawing, storytelling, psychodrama, movement, writing and ritual. The arts can help express and heal what can otherwise be challenging to do with words alone. I draw on various modalities, including psycho-dynamic therapy, body-based inquiry, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and Systems Therapy.
I have over 10 years experience working as a psychotherapist. I have a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology with a specialty in Expressive Art Therapy and an undergraduate degree in Clinical Sociology with a minor in Religious Studies. I majored in Illustration at the High School of Art & Design in New York City. I am a seeker and dedicated to this craft and have various other training that inform the work I do.